Am I the only one who loves how stylish cupcake liners have become? I go the the grocery store and buy them up...even when not planning on making a muffin or cupcake. So now I have this stockpile of them, and am always looking for different things to make in them. I came across the idea for individual cheesecake recipes on some other food blogs that I read. This recipe is adapted from one (or several) of them. These were super easy to make, tasted fabulous and looked pretty too. People are impressed if you break out a muffin pan and a pastry bag...it’s all about the presentation, right? Oh, that and the shot of Bailey’s Irish cream in here. Nothing wrong with that!
For the crust: 12 chocolate cookies (I used Oreo, but the consensus after tasting is that a wafer cookie would also be lovely. I would just stick to round cookies for ease of preparation)
2 packages of softened cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
2 Tablespoon flour
3 Tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream (optional, of course :)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup Heavy Whipping cream
2 Tablespons sugar
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and cocoa until very smooth.
- Add the flour and beat again until smooth
- Add the eggs (one at a time) until combined (don’t mix heavily at this point)
- Add in the Bailey’s and sour cream. Mix again until combined.
- Line a cupcake pan with those adorable liners and place one cookie at the bottom of each.
- Fill each liner almost to the top with the batter
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator.
- Once cool...you can top these little babies however you like. I crushed up come extra cookies and then whipped up some fresh whipped cream for the top. I felt they needed a little “lightening”...
Fresh Whipped Cream
- Place 1 cup of cold Heavy cream in your mixing bowl.
- I like to do this step with my kitchen aide hand mixer with the whip attachment. Mix until stiff peaks form and then add about 2 Tablespoons of sugar (you can add more or less to your own taste). Mix until combined, but don’t over mix...you’ll get butter :)
- Place in a piping bag and pipe onto cheesecakes. Or serve with a big dollop on top...either way, delicious!
Side note: If you have leftover whipped cream and cookies...fold the cookies into the cream and place in a container in the freezer. Oh my...yum, that’s all I have to say about that!